Foundation Course in Screenplay Writing (Jaipur)
17th July to 08th Aug 2019
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, under its Skilling India in Film & Television (SKIFT) initiative, in association with The Open Space Society (TOSS), Jaipur, announces Foundation Course in Screenplay Writing (20 days) at Jaipur.
Following are the details in this regard;
(1) Dates: 17th July to 08th Aug 2019 (excluding Sundays)
(2) Timings: 10.00 am to 5.30 pm
(3) No. of participants: 24 (Course will be conducted only if minimum strength of 22 is reached)
(4) Age: Participants must be 18 years or above in age as on 01st July 2019
(5) Nationality: Indian
(6) Venue: Screening Room, TOSS, Jaipur
(7) Course Fees: Rs 30,000/- per participant (Course fees is inclusive of GST)
(8) Mode of payment: Demand Draft – to be drawn in favour of “Accounts Officer, Film & TV Institute of India, Pune”, and must be payable at Pune
(9) Last date to apply: 17th June 2019 by 4 pm
(10) Course Director (Faculty Member): Ms Arunaraje Patil
A critically acclaimed award-winning filmmaker, Arunaraje is a writer, editor, director and producer. She passed out of the Film Institute of India with a gold medal and was the first trained girl technician to come out of the Institute. Advertising films, documentaries, television serials and features – she has done them all. Her feature films include Shaque, Gehrayee, Situm, Rihaee, Patita Pavana, Patita Pavani, Bhairavi, Keh Do Na and Tum. Her television work includes Bhakri ani Phool and Shaadi Ya ____. She has also edited films like Giddh and Masoom. Many of her films have strong women themes and she has been a voice for women. She has been passionate about empowering women. and represented them in many forums. She has been a Trustee of Stree Bal Shakti, an NGO and also has worked with commercial sex workers in the red light area, writing about their life in verse form as ‘Red-light Verses’.
Actively involved in film education, she has been a part of decision-making bodies and teaching the subjects of Screenwriting, Direction, Editing & Production in many film schools. She has been Vice President of Film Institute of India Society, Pune and Vice Chairman, Governing Council, Film & Television Institute of India (FTII). She designed the curriculum, syllabus and also brought in faculty and trained them for the Whistling Woods International Film School, heading the Academics as Vice-President, as well as the Direction department. She has served on many juries and has been a strong voice for documentaries. She has headed the Indian Documentary Producers association as President, twice in the past. Presently, she is member of FTII Academic Council.
She has won 5 National awards for her documentaries, ‘Mallika Sarabhai’, ‘A New Paradigm’ and ‘Behind the Glass Wall’ the latter two which were about children with special needs. She has served on may juries including the National Film Awards. As a keen student and practitioner of ontology she has been involved in transformational work since 1997. She has been a Landmark Forum Leader and has led transformational programs for more than 10,000 people, also making a difference as a life coach and motivational speaker. Apart from writing her own scripts, she has written several articles which have been published. Her autobiography called FREEDOM – My story published by Harper Collins was released in 2017.
(11) Course details: The course introduces participants to the basics of screenplay writing, while helping them develop an original idea into a 5-10 minutes short film. A combination of interactive lectures, writing exercises, viewing and analysing films in conjunction with group as well as individual feedbacks on participant’s work will be used throughout the course. Clips and videos will be screened to illustrate the point at hand, and reference materials will be provided.
(12) How to apply: Download application form from website of FTII (www.ftii.ac.in) OR TOSS. (www.tossjaipur.com). Fill – in all details, attach required Demand Draft and send it by speed post/ courier or deliver it in person to
Ms Shilpi Batra Advani,
The Open Space Society (TOSS),
142, Frontier Colony,
Jaipur –302 004
so as to reach on or before 17th June 2019 by 4 pm.”
On envelope of application at top left, write “Application for Foundation Course in Screenplay Writing”. Incomplete applications, applications without required Demand Draft, applications received after due date & time etc will be rejected.
(13) Medium of Instructions: The medium of instruction would be mainly English and partly Hindi. Participants are expected to have adequate knowledge of English and/ or Hindi as regards to reading, writing & speaking.
(14) Selection Criteria: First – Come – First – Served basis. However, course will be conducted only if the minimum strength of 22 participants is reached. Selected candidates would be communicated by email. Course fees of the selected candidates will be non – refundable under any circumstances. Demand Drafts of non–selected candidates would be returned within 07 days.
(15) Certificates: All participants would be given participation certificate on successful completion of the course. Minimum 90% attendance is mandatory.
(16) Queries: For any queries contact following persons;
(i) At TOSS, Jaipur, Ms Shilpi Batra, 9610082222, email@example.com
(ii) At FTII, Pune, Prof. Sandeep Shahare – 9923242654, firstname.lastname@example.org