CERTIFICATE COURSE IN
PRINT & TV JOURNALISM
By Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
The journalism programme by Tata Institute of Social Sciences is designed to prepare students for careers in a wide range of print and TV news platforms. In this course, students will develop and hone the various skills needed to work in this field, such as writing, information-gathering, reporting, video production, online journalism, and media literacy.
- Introduction to news, its elements and sources
- Structure of the news story
- What is reporting?
- Essentials of a good reporter / reportage
- Types of reporting
- The craft of writing copy
- Elements of broadcast journalism
- The TV newsroom
- Newscasting and anchoring
- Introduction to editing
- Role & responsibilities of news personnel
- Developing the visual news story
120 hrs beginning July 2017
[6 hours / 3 days a week. Total duration 6 months]
You will learn how to find, collect, and report news for both print and electronic media. You will also learn distribution of video and audio content to a wide audience via television, radio, and the internet. Students will learn to write radio and TV scripts as well as how to use electronic media equipment.